Infosheet single-roller burnishing tools
Possible machining contours
Interchangeable single-roller tools and the Baublies modular tool system achieve a significant increase in the material surface hardness in combination with a very smooth surface.
With single-roller burnishing, a hardened roller flattens the surface of the workpiece by contacting it at one single point: In this area of contact the steplessly adjustable roller pressure reaches the yield point of the material. During the process, work hardening of the surface layer and an increase in surface-hardness takes place. The generation of residual compressive stresses significantly increases vibration resistance in the workpiece.
Whether variable, in a modular system or as a tailor made tool, Baublies can provide tooling solutions to suit your specific machining tasks.
Variable single-roller burnishing tools are flexibly adjustable for various contours and can also be used in hard-to- reach places. The rolling unit can be swiveled by 180°.
The modular single-roller tool system for lathe machines is an innovative solution for virtually all roller burnishing and roller compression tasks. A basic element is used to mount the interchangeable system components or rolling units.
As a result, the tool can be converted in an extremely short time. This enables special machining tasks to be carried out quickly.
- High flexibility, broad range of applications
- Maximum process reliability
- High-quality and rugged
- Surface roughnesses of under Rz 1.0 µm
- Larger contact area ratios due to plateau formation
- Greater surface resistance to wearing and corrosion
- Constant dimensions and high fitting accuracy
- Shifting of the material fatigue limits
- Low investment
- Fast return of invest
- Environmental sustainability due to a lack of waste products
- The possibility of complete processing in one setting
Single-roller burnishing tool Variable
Modular tool system
Modular tool system
Single-roller burnishing tool for internal-, external-, and taper machining